Tuesday 3 May 2011

Playa Maqui

My favourite beach is “Playa Maqui” , it´s located in lake Llanquihue in the X Region in a town called Frutillar (in kilometre 6th of the camino costero towards Puerto Octay). Playa Maqui is situated in a bay protected from the wind, in the midst of an enviable natural surrounding, with a magnificent view towards the volcanoes Osorno, Puntiagudo and Calbuco.
It´s a private beach situated inside a camp site. In all my life I only gone four times, in the summers to 1992, 1997, 2002 and 2009. Unfortunately now the camp site it´s closed at the entrance to the beach is prohibited, only can visit a lodge (with the same name the beach) and walk for the beach but not camping anymore.
The most beautiful to me from this place is the quiet and the view. Another of the great attractions for this place is the gastronomy, In the town can to taste a lot of cakes of German origins because people who lives here descent are German.
 The last time, I went  camping with all my family for one week. In that oportunity went to the lake “Todos los Santos” (it's very nearly) and enjoy music week's in the theater of the Frutillar lake.

4 comments:

  1. oh i think this places are beautifull
    i never did go to this beach, but i would jejej!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the south of Shile!!!
    I love lake Llanquihue!!!
    I must go to the south again!! i need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For everything that you say about this place, I wish a lot go to visit it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh marjo its very beautiful , you are lucky

    ReplyDelete